There are plenty of activities to do in the Panhandle during spring break. Here’s something to do each day of the week.
- Monday, March 12: The Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum usually closed on Mondays during the winter season, will be open this first day of Spring Break. The first 50 visitors through the door will receive a Spring Break prize. Keep your cell phone on to use the free PPHM Tour app throughout the museum. Enjoy the new Pop Culture exhibit throughout the museum. For more details visit the PPHM website.
- Tuesday, March 13: Celebrate attractions with free admission. Drop by the RV Museum at Sisemore’s Traveland. Visit the Amarillo Museum of Art. Find the Madame Queen, a historic 2-10-4 Texas-type locomotive. Spray paint the Cadillac Ranch.
- Wednesday, March 14: It’s Pi Day and Albert Einstein’s birthday. Celebrate the number pi (3.1415926) at the Don Harrington Discovery Center. A pie eating contest starts at 1 p.m. followed by free slices of pie beginning at 1:59 p.m (while supplies last). Check out the entire week of activity at the DHDC website.
- Thursday, March 15: Lion Around The Library- enjoy lion stories and make your own lion pillow at 4 p.m. at the Amarillo Public Library North Branch, 1500 NE 24th Ave. For other events at the Amarillo Public Library check their website.
- Friday, March 16: Atlatl in the Afternoon- a special presentation in Palo Duro Canyon State Park about the ancient hunting tool, the atlatl. Meet the park interpreter at park headquarters at 3 p.m., regular park admission applies. Find other park activities at this website.
- Saturday: The Route 66 Zip Line and Maze at the Big Texan Starlight Ranch located at 1415 Sunrise Dr. The zipline will be open from March 9-18 from 10 AM to 6 PM each day. A special student ticket, with valid student ID, is just $20 for one ride and the maze. A day pass for $40 is good for unlimited rides and visits to the maze.
Here are some additional activities to do during Spring Break:
- Pop Culture at the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum
- Achievement in Art and Tibetan Tsakli and Saddle Blankets at the Amarillo Museum of Art
- Wild Music- Sounds & Songs of Life at the Don Harrington Discovery Center
- Ziplining at Palo Duro Canyon