The Chicago Tribune reports 63-year-old Wanda Bailey of Crete died Wednesday of pneumonia due to COVID-19.
Bailey was 61-year-old Patricia Frieson’s sister — the retired South Side nurse was the first person to die of COVID-19 in the state last Monday.
Frieson’s family said she suffered from bad asthma and when she went to the hospital, they thought it was just her asthma acting up.
The sisters were part of a large, tight knit family including seven other siblings.
The Tribune said a Waukegan funeral home is handling services for both sisters.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle
- Unleashing Possibility is helping Moms in Difficult Places
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead in Leavenworth