(CNN) — Some people don’t have to fight the battle against the bulge.
And they may have their biological makeup to thank.
A new, preliminary says a gene may help some people stay slim.
An international scientific team found a genetic variant that’s unique to thin individuals.
The researchers say the alk gene, which creates a protein that’s involved with cell growth, could lead to a new era in the fight against obesity.
The findings, published in the journal Cell, were based on clinical data study on nearly 48,000 people who were between 20-and-44 years old.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- 24 Hours in the Canyon Cancer Survivorship Center kicks off #StartWith24
- Amarillo Public Health Department announces nursing home, JBS COVID-19 numbers
- 101-year-old COVID-19 patient released from Amarillo hospital
- George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- Heal the City making changes to combat COVID-19