Valentine’s Chocolate Strawberry French Toast
with Orange Cream & Vanilla Bean Syrup
8 slices Challah or French bread
1/3 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate (save a little for garnish)
7 strawberries sliced into fourths
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cream or milk
1 cup heavy cream
zest of 1/2 a orange
vanilla bean paste
1/2 stick butter
1 cup maple syrup
1. Place strawberries and sugar in bowl (over night would be great but at least 1 hour).
2. Whisk together eggs, 3 tablespoons heavy cream, pinch of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
3. Make 4 sandwiches using chocolate and strawberries
4. Carefully place sandwiches into egg wash and coat both sides
5. Pre-heat pan with 1 tablespoon butter and place egg-soaked bread into pan. Cook for 3 minutes, flip, flip again until golden brown and chocolate in center is melted. Place on warm plate or in warmed oven
6. Repeat until all French toast is cooked
7. In a small pot, bring maple syrup and with a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste to a slow simmer
8. In a chilled mixing bowl, add 1 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla beans paste and orange zest. Mix until soft peak forms and refrigerate until ready to serve
9. Place warm chocolate strawberry French toast onto plate top with vanilla maple syrup a dollop of orange cream and shave dark chocolate.
Find more recipes at WWW.RORYSCHEPISI.COM.