MARSHALL, Texas (KETK) The identity of the person killed in a fatal crash in Marshall on Wednesday has been released.
Payton Blalock, 19, of Marshall, was killed after an 18-wheeler hit the truck he was driving while attempting to make a turn.
Marshall Police were called to the scene of an accident around 2 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Loop 390 and Scottsville Highway.
Marshall Police released a statement saying:
“The men and women of the Marshall Police Department offer our deepest condolences to the Blalock family during this unimaginably difficult time.“Marshall Police Department
Last September, the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office says Hayden was on his way to school when his truck hit a wild hog that led to the accident.
Students in the area showed their support by wearing red and using the hashtag ‘ Hayden 94’ on Twitter. 94 was his football jersey number.
Payton’s number was also #94.
Hayden Blalock’s final resting place is at the Woodlawn Cemetery.
The Blalock brothers are survived by his parents, Craig and Danielle Blalock, and their sister Emily.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Millions stick to Thanksgiving travel plans despite warnings
- As you look for this season’s hottest toys, beware of scams
- Walmart Black Friday: See the deals that start this week
- Dog-sized lizards spreading in southeastern US
- Man leaves $3,000 tip for a single beer as Cleveland restaurant closes for virus