NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Two New Mexico towns hope to be the focus of a new show on the popular Home Improvement Network HGTV.
Both Raton and Portales have applied to be the focus of the upcoming show ‘Hometown Takeover.’ The six-episode show will send HGTV personalities Ben and Erin Napier to a small town to renovate businesses, homes and other public spaces.
Both New Mexico communities say they each hold a uniqueness that deserves to be shared.
The deadline for towns to enter was Friday. The show is scheduled to air on HGTV in 2021.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Clear the Shelters: Dove Creek Equine Rescue
- No spots given: Borger Football runs in the family for the Toliver’s
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- Texas couple charged after infant son found dead in bucket of tar
- Tijuana to spend $30 million on new streetlight system