NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Two New Mexico towns hope to be the focus of a new show on the popular Home Improvement Network HGTV.
Both Raton and Portales have applied to be the focus of the upcoming show ‘Hometown Takeover.’ The six-episode show will send HGTV personalities Ben and Erin Napier to a small town to renovate businesses, homes and other public spaces.
Both New Mexico communities say they each hold a uniqueness that deserves to be shared.
The deadline for towns to enter was Friday. The show is scheduled to air on HGTV in 2021.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Dr. Temple Grandin speaks at WT’s Distinguished Lecture Series
- Day two of the UIL Girl’s High School Basketball Bi-District Playoffs
- TxDOT discusses potential of I-27 expansion
- Ryan Newman Daytona 500 crash shows racing never truly safe
- NASCAR safety innovations helped save Ryan Newman’s life