NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Two New Mexico towns hope to be the focus of a new show on the popular Home Improvement Network HGTV.
Both Raton and Portales have applied to be the focus of the upcoming show ‘Hometown Takeover.’ The six-episode show will send HGTV personalities Ben and Erin Napier to a small town to renovate businesses, homes and other public spaces.
Both New Mexico communities say they each hold a uniqueness that deserves to be shared.
The deadline for towns to enter was Friday. The show is scheduled to air on HGTV in 2021.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- World-renowned opera singer Renée Fleming using music to help those suffering from neurological disorders
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Mexican police nab alleged fugitive from the DEA in Juarez