TOPEKA (KSNT) – The City of Topeka is dropping its mask requirement in city buildings, a spokeswoman said Monday.
The new rule allowing people to go into city buildings without a mask takes effect May 17. The new rule excludes the municipal court, which will still require masks, according to the City of Topeka.
The new rule takes effect the same day that Kansas State University is also loosening its mask rules. K-State will require masks inside campus buildings, but anyone who is fully vaccinated can drop their mask while outside.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Moondog Amarillo performs at Starlight Theater
- San Diego-Tijuana border helped shape first Mexico-born UFC champ
- Authorities open sexual abuse, trafficking investigations after locating 24 missing children
- Two policemen among 14 homicide victims in a single day in Juarez
- Gaza violence erupts for first time since end of last month’s fighting