AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Randall County Fire Department responded to a structure fire at the Youth Center of the High Plains.
Automatic aid from Amarillo Fire Department was requested due to the building being a high occupancy load facility.
Upon arrival, it was found the fire was inside a commercial clothes dryer and the fire was quickly contained by RCFD firefighters. Smoke was found throughout the facility and crews worked to ventilate the building. No damage to the building was found and only the dryer unit was damaged.
No injuries were reported.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- City of Amarillo wants to inform people still using park amenities
- High Plains Food Bank partners with local business
- Amarillo father asks daughter to makeshift prom
- As U.S. marks 10,000 coronavirus deaths, Trump hopeful situation will improve
- ‘I felt like death had knocked on my door,’ 35-year old Alabama coronavirus survivor recounts illness