The City of Amarillo Public Works Department will host a series of public meetings to inform residents of the new curbside cart program.
This new program will involve 12,000 homes beginning in January.
The program is supposed to utilize a technologically-advanced waste collection system designed to keep neighborhoods clean while decreasing the city’s overall trash disposal cost.
The customers selected to participate in the curbside cart program currently have hand-collected curbside trash or front yard dumpsters. Neighborhoods with dead-end or unclear alleyways will also participate.
The Public Works Department will host five informational meetings the first two weeks of December:
- Monday, Dec. 3 at 6 p.m., Pleasant Valley Elementary, 4413 River Road
- Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 6 p.m., Avondale Elementary School, 1500 S. Avondale
- Thursday, Dec. 6 at 6 p.m., Lamar Elementary School, 3800 S. Lipscomb
- Wednesday, Dec. 12 at 6 p.m., Bivins Elementary School, 1500 S. Fannin
- Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6 p.m., Hillside Christian Church, 3508 N.E. 24th Ave.