(NBC NEWS) — Subaru has issued a recall on certain Crosstrek, Forester, and Ascent vehicles.
2019 model year vehicles are subject to the recall.
It stems from a problem with a valve that can separate sending fragments into the engine, that can make the engine stall.
The unexpected loss of power while driving can increase the risk of a crash.
Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the valve, free of charge.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Boys high school basketball area round scores
- Dean of Texas Tech School of Veterinary Medicine gives update on school’s progress
- Special Olympics Texas Panhandle Area Basketball competition kicked off this evening
- John Harris talks about tomorrow’s training with the National Weather Service; You can watch it live at home
- Four girls high school basketball teams from our area advance to the regional finals