AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Watch this week’s episode of Politics Today.
Here are a few topics along with details of stories that Kaley Green discusses during the show:
- Amarillo city council approves hotel occupancy tax revenue bonds. What that means for Hodegtown.
- Highland Park ISD has a bond proposition for voters, we’ll take a look at how much money they want to be approved and why.
- Officials from the City of Amarillo got an early start Thursday morning as they got installed field lighting.
- Texas lawmakers in Washington have proposed new legislation that would name the ports to plains corridor Interstate-27.
- A bill signed in New Mexico will give all students access to free and healthy school meals.
- Former president Donald Trump has been indicted for business fraud on a hush-money case.
- The president’s plan would largely do that by raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.
- Lawmakers in Washington continue to push for more gun laws after the shooting in Tennessee.
- A new bill would require Texas school libraries to ensure books adhere to “Local community values.”
For the latest Amarillo news and regional updates, check with MyHighPlains.com and tune in to KAMR Local 4 News at 5:00, 6:00, and 10:00 p.m. and Fox 14 News at 9:00 p.m. CST.