AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR) — Amarillo Mayor Ginger Nelson announces she has blood cancer. Who is taking the helm of the city council as she receives treatment?
Plus, two weeks after a devastating fire, Family Support Services is getting help from amarillo isd to get back to work.
Watch this week’s Politics Today above.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Sarah Eckhardt and Eddie Rodriguez poised for a runoff in special Texas Senate election to replace Kirk Watson
- It took a doctor’s note and mad dash to Sonic for this coronavirus sufferer to vote
- As Fort Worth voters appear likely to preserve more than $85 million for police, activists vow to lobby City Hall for spending changes
- Texas has the highest uninsured rate in the U.S. And during the pandemic, an estimated 659,000 Texans lost their health care.
- This asylum seeker fled to Texas to escape violence, only to test positive for coronavirus while fighting deportation