MIAMI (WIAT) — People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has released a new ad that they say the NFL blocked due to its message and “homage to Colin Kaepernick.”
The ad was released on Twitter and showcased cartoon animals and insects all kneeling and looking somber all while the national anthem plays in the background.
The ad was met with tweets from people in disbelief of what they watched.
The way the commercial depicted the animals kneeling also drew some chatter online.
The commercial ended with a bald eagle kneeling followed by text that read, “Respect is the right of every living being” and “#EndSpeciesism.”
PETA wrote more about the ad and the rejection from the NFL here.
- West Texas A&M Football gets their revenge against Angelo State
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?
- After 7 days above 15% COVID-19 hospital capacity, restaurants and businesses to scale back
- Seasonal Saturday followed by much cooler conditions