MIDLAND, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – The driver and passenger involved in a fatal rollover crash have been identified by Midland Police.
Officials have identified the driver as Ulices Carranza-Carranza and the passenger as Jose Pena Marquez. Both men are from Perryton, MPD says.
The crash happened just before 5 P.M. on the 2400 block of Loop 250. Police officials say Carranza failed to control his speed and left the road.
Police then say, Marquez was ejected during the rollover and pronounced dead on the scene.
Carranza has since been taken to the Midland County Detention Center on intoxication manslaughter charges.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- A Bayou Classic Story: The First Lady of the “World Famed” Tiger Marching Band
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated
- Former dog owner sleeps at animal shelters, comforting pets waiting for forever homes
- A previously busy holiday for movie theaters may be different due to the pandemic
- Local chefs share tips on a delicious Thanksgiving feast