UPDATE 11:00 8/13/2020 – Amarillo Police have released more information after Wednesday night’s wreck that sent one person to the hospital.
Officials say the driver was taken out of the vehicle and that is when first responders began treating the driver’s injuries from the wreck and gunshot wound.
The incident is still under investigation.
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — One person is hospitalized after a car ran into a house.
It happened on the 6000 block of Woodward.
According to the Amarillo Fire Department, one person was extracted from the vehicle. Crews on scene said they were taken to the hospital.
AFD said rescue teams worked to stabilize the structure of the home.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- ‘Texas Rally for Life’ abortion protest to be held at state capitol in Austin on Saturday
- City of Amarillo vaccine walk-in clinic announces new schedule
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- Did the Facebook app force log you out, too?
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects