AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — One person is dead and another is injured after a store clerk shoots two robbery suspects.
It happened just before 9 p.m. at a store on the 1700 block of NE 24th.
According to Amarillo Police, the two suspects walked into the store with a rifle and attempted to rob the clerk.
APD said the clerk had a handgun and shot both suspects.
Officials on scene told MyHighPlains.com the two were taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police told us one of the suspects, Queshon Johnson, 17, died from his injuries at the hospital. The other suspect, a 15-year-old boy, was shot in the lower extremities and taken to surgery.
An autopsy has been ordered.
No arrests have been made at this time.
This case is being investigated by the Criminal Investigations Division of APD.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Surf photographer severely injured after facing monster wave
- Man connected to U.S. Capitol riot surrenders to federal authorities
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won