AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — One person is dead and another is injured after a store clerk shoots two robbery suspects.
It happened just before 9 p.m. at a store on the 1700 block of NE 24th.
According to Amarillo Police, the two suspects walked into the store with a rifle and attempted to rob the clerk.
APD said the clerk had a handgun and shot both suspects.
Officials on scene told MyHighPlains.com the two were taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police told us one of the suspects, Queshon Johnson, 17, died from his injuries at the hospital. The other suspect, a 15-year-old boy, was shot in the lower extremities and taken to surgery.
An autopsy has been ordered.
No arrests have been made at this time.
This case is being investigated by the Criminal Investigations Division of APD.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- Tascosa architect student help tear down ReStore wall
- Randall High School student winds Hispanic Heritage Essay contest
- Canyon High senior’s last year at Randall County Jr. Livestock Show
- Lawmakers tour migrant camp, call wait-in-Mexico policy ‘morally unjust’