BEAVER COUNTY, Okla. (KAMR/KCIT) — One person is dead after a wreck in Beaver County.
It happened around 10:15 a.m. on US-64, about four miles west of Forgan.
According to Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP), Michael Smith, 72, of Beaver was driving east on US-64 when, for an unknown reason, he crossed the centerline and hit a semi-truck.
Smith died at the scene.
The driver of the semi-truck was taken to the hospital where they were treated and released.
OHP said Smith was not wearing a seatbelt.
The incident is still under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- West Texas A&M University is opening community locations for Wi-Fi use
- AISD updates way they provide meals and Wi-Fi for students
- DHCD confirms first positive COVID-19 case in Dallam County
- Local restaurant halts operation for the safety of its employees
- Hutchinson County confirms second positive case of COVID-19