(KFOR) Inmates at Oklahoma’s Mabel Bassett Correctional Center are working together to make masks for health care workers battling the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Warriors Quilting Club is using their talents to sew masks for health care workers.
Hobby Lobby donated the fabric for the project.
“These ladies are great at what they do. They’re great at sewing. They’re great at putting stuff together,” said Cpt. Clint Bennett. “They work well as a team, and we have all this here and we decided we needed to step up and help.”
Read more: https://bit.ly/3aGGNwg
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Indian Association of Amarillo donates to High Plains Food Bank
- Illinois boy designs kids’ hospital gown, draws inspiration from sister’s surgeries
- Top stories: Beer’s back; Mayors demand funding; Census push
- Texas Health and Human Services helping feed students through food benefits