CIMARRON COUNTY, Okla. (KAMR/KCIT) — The Cimarron County Sheriff’s Office reports that former Cimarron County employee Dustin Cox has self surrendered to the sheriff’s office for the charge of embezzlement.
The CCSO said the charge stemmed from an internal investigation of missing inmate funds during Cox’s employment with the Office.
According to the CCSO, Cox plead guilty to the charge and was arrested and booked.
The CCSO said the investigation was conducted with the Cimarron County Sheriff Office and OSBI.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- U.S. Rep. Doggett files bill aiming to close Medicaid coverage gap in Texas by giving power to local governments
- Watch: Amarillo ISD Board of Trustees meeting
- Celebrating National Peaches ‘N’ Cream Day
- Andy & Jackie Play Golf for Amarillo Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Randy Rogers Back on the Road, Talks About Pandemic Life