(CNN) — An Oklahoma second-grader is literally facing his fears — head on!
Gunner Alley used to be afraid of mascots but now he is one!
The eight-year-old plays a mascot called Lil Red on the sidelines of Verdigris High School football games.
Gunner wears an authentic Cardinals head that his family bought along with a costume his mother made.
Now, Gunner equates being a mascot to “being a super hero.”
Gunner hopes one day he can help someone else become a mascot too.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Leona Tate’s Christmas Cards: A Story of Integrating NOLA
- Watch: Massive alligator eats duck hunters’ trophy in a Florida lake
- Baby gibbon and mom drop in from above, startle live TV crew
- White House Advent Calendar countdowns to Christmas with history and photos
- CDC to shorten recommended COVID-19 quarantine days