AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A North Heights Alternative School employee has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Amarillo Police said Kevin Fehr, 59, was arrested for Possession of Child Pornography.
Fehr was booked into the Randall County jail.
According to AISD, police do not think the alleged behavior involved any AISD students or the school.
AISD told MyHighPlains.com that the Fehr no longer works for the district.
The district said after the arrest, they notified North Heights parents and reported the arrest to the State Board of Educator Certification.
AISD said in a statement:
AISD will continue to cooperate fully with law enforcement as they investigate this matter. Any further information regarding the situation will come from the Amarillo Police Department.
This case remains under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- UIL Bi-District Girls’ High School Basketball Playoffs
- Telehealth offering a solution to primary care doctor shortage in Texas Panhandle
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500
- APD: Missing 12-year-old found safe
- Do you really need to wear a surgical facemask? CDC says not likely, but Texans are buying anyway