AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A North Heights Alternative School employee has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Amarillo Police said Kevin Fehr, 59, was arrested for Possession of Child Pornography.
Fehr was booked into the Randall County jail.
According to AISD, police do not think the alleged behavior involved any AISD students or the school.
AISD told MyHighPlains.com that the Fehr no longer works for the district.
The district said after the arrest, they notified North Heights parents and reported the arrest to the State Board of Educator Certification.
AISD said in a statement:
AISD will continue to cooperate fully with law enforcement as they investigate this matter. Any further information regarding the situation will come from the Amarillo Police Department.
This case remains under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Advocates ‘shocked’ to learn Biden considered keeping Trump’s cap on refugees
- Counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows
- Montana guide dies after grizzly mauling near Yellowstone
- Tyrannosaurs may have hunted in packs like wolves, new research shows
- The Female Field: 4 Olympians launch women’s sports media company TOGETHXR