(WDVM) — Your favorite Nickelodeon characters might be making a comeback with new animated films and television series on Netflix.
Netflix’s “See What’s Next” Twitter account made the announcement Wednesday regarding the multi-year deal between Nickelodeon and Netflix, just a day after Disney’s new streaming service Disney Plus launched.
The account tweeted that the new films and episode will be based on original Nickelodeon characters as well as new ones.
The original tweet said:
“Netflix and Nickelodeon have formed a multi-year deal to produce original animated feature films and television series, based both on the Nickelodeon library of characters as well as all-new IP.”
According to the Associated Press, Disney’s streaming service had more than 10 million signups on its launch day.
- Early voting turnout for May Municipal Elections in Potter County has increased by 72% from 2019 elections
- AFD responds to 2 alarm fire at 10th and Adams area
- Closing arguments heard in Sutherland Springs shooting case alleges US Air Force is partially responsible
- New iPad, iMac expected at Apple online event, with hint at AirPods 3
- Global carbon emissions decreased by 6.4% amid COVID pandemic