(KPNX/NBC News) Body camera video released Wednesday by Arizona’s Mesa Police Department shows the moments before and after an officer shot a suspect in December of 2019.
Officer Nathan Chisler has since been fired and charged with aggravated assault for shooting Randy Sewell on December 6, 2019.
The incident began when the manager of Ojos Locos Sports Cantina called police to report three men who were drunk and disorderly, and refused to leave the restaurant. The body camera video shows the men outside of the restaurant telling police they will leave as soon as their ride arrives.
“I’m not being aggressive. I’m just trying to get home,” says one of the men. A Mesa officer tells him that he is being aggressive.
Eventually, two of the three men are handcuffed, and the third, Sewell, attempts to leave when a struggle ensues.
Read more: https://bit.ly/3gk1VLh
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Clear the Shelters: Dove Creek Holding Pen
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- West Texas A&M University graduate student ranked nationally
- Dog reunited with family after car stolen in Texas
- Mexico: Rescued boy whose search led to other minors