(NEXSTAR) – The best U.S. city to live in can be found in Texas, according to a new ranking released by Niche, a company that analyzes public data and reviews to create rankings, report cards and more for schools, colleges and neighborhoods.
The Woodlands, Texas snagged the top spot on the list, scoring well in public schools, housing, family life and diversity.
The master-planned community is located outside Houston and is known for its wooded forests and family-friendly cultural offerings.
The Woodlands was followed by Arlington, Virginia; Naperville, Illinois; and Overland Park, Kansas.
Niche ranks cities on its Best Places to Live list by assessing several key factors, including the quality of local schools, crime rates, housing trends, employment statistics and access to amenities.
You can find the full methodology here.
The top 10 best places to live, according to Niche, are as follows:
- The Woodlands, Texas
- Arlington, Virginia
- Naperville, Illinois
- Overland Park, Kansas
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Plano, Texas
- Columbia, Maryland
- Berkeley, California
- Bellevue, Washington
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- The ‘Great Reshuffling’? 11 percent of Americans say they moved in 2020, survey finds
- ‘I don’t see voter suppression’ – Speaker Dade Phelan defends House Bill 6 from corporate critics
- What happens when women run the economy? We’re about to find out
- Former Clovis City Manager Joe Thomas dies at 70
- Why are so many catalytic converters being stolen?