(KOB/NBC News) An Amber Alert has been issued for a 3-year-old New Mexico boy after his mother was found dead inside their Roswell home.
The Roswell Police Department says Osiel Ernesto Rico was last seen on . The boy’s mother, Isela Mauricio-Sanchez, was found dead at the residence on Tuesday.
The investigation was initially classified as a “suspicious death” but police later declared it to be a homicide.
Police believe Osiel is with his father, 32-year-old Jorge Rico-Ruvira, and could be in danger.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2N1B0b5
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Mickey: Cowboys licking their wounds
- Career Expo Week to virtually connect WT students, grads with employers
- UTPB student athlete gifts a second chance at life to older brother
- LIVE: With brain-eating amoeba in Lake Jackson water supply, Gov. Abbott gives update
- Purging Texas city’s water system of brain-eating microbe to take 60 days