CLOVIS, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — The Office of the Sheriff reports that Curry County Sheriff’s deputies, the Clovis Police Department, and the Clovis Fire Department were dispatched to a fully-engulfed residential fire, with possible fatalities, at 301 South Wheaton, south of Clovis.
The Office of the Sheriff said three bodies were located within the residence.
The cause of the fire is being investigated by the New Mexico State Fire Marsha’s Office said the Office of the Sheriff.
Positive identification and cause of death are pending further investigation including autopsies by the Office of the Medical Investigator.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Cemetery worker buried alive, dies after grave collapses
- Video shows burglars tunneling into Oregon stores to steal $10K in equipment
- Call center launched to help Texans with winter storm damage survey
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it
- Governor Laura Kelly signs economic recovery bill