SANTA FE (KAMR/KCIT) — One charter school and 18 school districts have filed a lawsuit challenging actions by the state’s education secretary.
The districts claim the education department is overstepping its boundary when it comes to controlling schools in a public health crisis.
The districts also claim some of the directives from the education department violate state law and the state constitution, and much-needed funding has been taken away from schools.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Maxwell’s Pumpkin Farm opens First Magical Christmas Festival this weekend
- Gracie’s Project offers tips on those getting pets this holiday season
- 11 wounded in ‘mass shooting’ at Grenada biker club
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!
- Wisconsin counties finish recount, confirms Biden’s win over Trump