SANTA FE (KAMR/KCIT) — One charter school and 18 school districts have filed a lawsuit challenging actions by the state’s education secretary.
The districts claim the education department is overstepping its boundary when it comes to controlling schools in a public health crisis.
The districts also claim some of the directives from the education department violate state law and the state constitution, and much-needed funding has been taken away from schools.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Potter County Sheriff’s Office to host ‘National Pharmaceutical Take Back Initiative’ Saturday
- DOJ to open Minneapolis police probe, says AP source
- WT students to host Earth Day event for regional schools
- Texas to Utah: animal shelters team up to save 72 orphan kittens
- Texas man wrestled and gripped infant’s head ‘in a football hold’ prior to his death, affidavit says