PORTALES, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — A Portales man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for his involvement in a 2019 homicide.
Korbin Baldridge, 20, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder in the first degree and armed robbery.
On April 7, 2019, Portales Police responded to the 400 block of N. Ave. B where they found the body of Adam Holts inside a trailer.
Police said Holts was shot multiple times.
The Major Crimes Unit conducted the investigation, which charged Baldridge and Manuel Silva, 23.
Police said the investigation showed Silva was the one who pulled the trigger. The DA’s office said Silva committed suicide in June of 2019.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Border city looking at ‘shocking’ V-shaped economic recovery
- With new California border crossing in the works, connecting highway also takes shape