NEW MEXICO (KAMR/KCIT) – The New Mexico State Police have announced they will be conducting sobriety checkpoints, saturation patrols, and registration, insurance, and driver’s license checkpoints throughout the state during December.
The announcement stated, “We are bringing awareness to these events in an effort to reduce alcohol related fatalities through continued media attention and intensive advertising. These checkpoints are helping to change society’s attitude about drinking and driving.”
Hundreds of lives, says the Department, could be saved each year if no driver made the decision to drink and drive.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- City of Amarillo hosting virtual open house for the Amarillo Area Regional Multimodal Mobility Plan
- Amarillo VA holds a special COVID-19 vaccination clinic on MLK Day
- Hoosier metal guitarist seen in famous photo arrested in connection with Capitol riot
- Dancing trucker turns up at inauguration protest to promote peace
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit reaches space on 2nd try