SANTA FE, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — New Mexico state lawmakers approved a $330 million dollar bipartisan pandemic relief package which includes a direct payment of $1,200 to unemployed workers and up to $50,000 for certain businesses.
$194 million of that money will go to assist New Mexico’s unemployed, $100 million will go towards grants for small business, and included was funding for food banks and housing assistance.
The money will come from Cares Act Federal Funding.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Your Local Election HQ: Sample ballots for May 1 elections, voting information and resources
- Parler can now return to App Store, Apple says in letter to senator
- How has COVID changed education? Innovation through Crisis with Certiport.
- The New Mexico Dept. of Health announce COVID-19 vaccine registration process
- No, vaccine side effects don’t tell you how well your immune system will protect you from COVID-19