BERNALILLO COUNTY, NEW MEXICO (KOB) — Each year at this time, millions of moths invade parts of New Mexico.
But the problem is especially bad this year due to dry conditions in the mountains and desert.
Looking for moisture, the moths have gathered in places like this ranch for abandoned animals in Bernalillo County
There are so many of the flying insects you can barely see the walls of this pig-pen.
Ranch owner Tamara Hubbard says the only way she can mitigate the flying insects is to turn off the lights.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- 24 Hours in the Canyon Cancer Survivorship Center kicks off #StartWith24
- Amarillo Public Health Department announces nursing home, JBS COVID-19 numbers
- 101-year-old COVID-19 patient released from Amarillo hospital
- George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- Heal the City making changes to combat COVID-19