TUCUMCARI, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — Mesalands Community College is set to receive nearly $1.2 million in emergency funding from the American Rescue Plan.
Teresa Leger Fernandez announced nearly $143 million in emergency funding for colleges, universities, and students in New Mexico’s Third Congressional District.
Mesalands Community College is committed to investing a portion of the funds into the students directly.
Mesalands Community College said the emergency funds will allow the college to reduce or eliminate barriers restricting students access to educations.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TxDOT’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 20-June 26
- Sod Poodles fan, father get’s Father Day surprise at HODGETOWN
- Gruver ISD named School Board of the Year by Region 16
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer