Las Cruces woman suffers burns in mobile home fire

New Mexico

Las Cruces officials say a 56-year-old woman suffered second- and third-degree burns in a mobile home fire that apparently started when she smoked a cigarette while on supplemental oxygen.

Officials say firefighters successfully performed CPR after finding the woman unconscious in a bedroom that was engulfed in flames early Friday morning.

The woman was initially transported to a Las Cruces hospital before being flown to a hospital in Lubbock, Texas, for advanced care.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Video Forecast

More Forecast

Don't Miss