CURRY COUNTY, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — The Curry County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responded to the Curry County Detention Center regarding an inmate who had battered another inmate.
According to the sheriff’s office, Corey Dixon age 21, allegedly battered an inmate while they were being housed together in the medical ward.
The sheriff’s office said the inmate was transported to Plains Regional Medical Center with critical injuries, and was then transported to a facility in Lubbock.
The Major Crimes Unit was activated to assist with the on-going investigation said the sheriff’s office.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Newsfeed Now: Juneteenth becomes national holiday; Cave visitors experience rare fog phenomenon
- Aerospace company relocating to Brownsville
- Search resumes in Eden after 9 family members went over Duke Energy dam; 3 dead, 2 still missing
- Video: Man accidentally shoots himself in face at gun range
- Fireworks retailer warns of July 4 shortage: Here are the states where it’s legal to stock up