CLOVIS, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — The Eastern New Mexico Water Utility Authority (ENMWUA) approved and signed the construction agreement and has given official “Notice to Proceed” in the construction of another portion of its water delivery system to eastern New Mexico communities.
The ENMWUA said this action gives the selected contractor, Smithco Construction Inc., a notice to move forward beginning July 6, 2021 with construction of the water pipeline’s next phase known as Finished Water Three A (FW3A).
The eleven and-a-half-mile portion of the pipeline will begin northwest of Cannon Air Force Base and continue south toward the Portales water system said ENMWUA.
The ENMWUA said the ENMRWS pipeline will ultimately be able to provide a water supply to Portales and portions of Roosevelt County, Clovis and portions of Curry County, CAFB, Texico, and Elida.
The total cost for FW3A that includes engineering services and construction will be approximately $19,284,013.03.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Top 10 2020-2021 Moments #7: Clarendon Boy’s Basketball claim the 2A State Championship
- AISD preparing for a possible future bond election
- Father gives daughter life-saving present as living organ donor
- Family says social media challenge led to death of 9-year-old Tennessee boy
- 5-year-old boy injured in hit-and-run gets limo ride to preschool graduation