CURRY COUNTY, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — Curry County announced that it has been selected as a recipient of the 2021-22 New Mexico Counties Wildfire Risk Reduction Program Grant.
The county said it was awarded $6,000 to be used for a Wildfire Prevention Media Campaign. Media messaging will inform the public about wildfire safety and preparedness. This is part of over $260,000 to 12 grant recipients for community wildfire protection plan updates, fuel reduction treatments and education efforts for fiscal year 2022.
The grant program was established in 2005 with the goal of preventing wildfires and wildfire related damage. Funding for this program is provided by the National Fire Plan through the Bureau of Land Management funds in cooperation with New Mexico Counties.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo Area Black Chamber of Commerce on a mission of economic development and improvement in north Amarillo
- Ziggy Hood Returning to Amarillo to Coach at Alma Mater
- Top 10 2020-2021 Moments: #4 Willy Luther’s Clutch Performance Helps Texline Claim Class 1A State Championship
- Man ‘pulled stingers out’ of girlfriend’s neck when swarm of bees attacked at California strip mall
- Britney Spears asks judge to free her from conservatorship: ‘I deserve to have a life’