CLOVIS, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — A Clovis woman is dead after a car crashed into her apartment late Saturday night.
According to the Clovis Police Department, on Saturday, May 29, at around 10:50 p.m., police and medical personnel were dispatched to an apartment in the 3400 block of Lore Street, for a crash involving a single vehicle and an apartment.
When officers arrived on scene, they found a 2016 Ford Fusion, driven by a 21-year-old man, had crashed through the brick wall of an apartment, and into the bedroom. CPD said the resident inside the apartment, Gillian M. Sweeney, 74, was hit by the car and died at the scene.
The crash is under investigation by CPD’s Major Crash Team.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Abortion ‘restrictions, bans make safe procedure unsafe’
- Top 10 2020-2021 Moments: #9 UIL State Track
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers pushes Brandon Act, which would improve access to mental health services for military
- Watch: Air Force hosts second virtual public meeting for Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico
- KAMR Local 4 News to celebrate Nexstar Media Group’s 25 years of broadcasting with annual ‘Founder’s Day of Caring’