CLOVIS, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — An internal investigation at the Clovis Police Department has led to a detective being charged with two misdemeanors.
Detective Francisco Hernandez, 33, is facing one count of embezzlement and one count of Tampering with Evidence.
Documents show that missing evidence in a drug case led to the investigation.
During that investigation, police said they found cash in Hernandez’s desk that was later found to be evidence in another case.
Arraignment for Hernandez is set for next month.
Clovis Police said Hernandez has resigned from the department.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo ISD sees enrollment drop for early childhood students
- Shi Lee’s Barbeque and Soul Food Cafe taking donations for the upcoming school year
- 3rd COVID-19 facility for recovering patients going largely unused in South Texas
- Babe: Dak is all business
- Trump Administration eases showerhead rules after president complains of water flow