CLOVIS, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — An internal investigation at the Clovis Police Department has led to a detective being charged with two misdemeanors.
Detective Francisco Hernandez, 33, is facing one count of embezzlement and one count of Tampering with Evidence.
Documents show that missing evidence in a drug case led to the investigation.
During that investigation, police said they found cash in Hernandez’s desk that was later found to be evidence in another case.
Arraignment for Hernandez is set for next month.
Clovis Police said Hernandez has resigned from the department.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- World-renowned opera singer Renée Fleming using music to help those suffering from neurological disorders
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Mexican police nab alleged fugitive from the DEA in Juarez
- Latino groups set high expectations for Biden’s DHS nominee