(KPNX/NBC News) A U.S. Air Force airman stationed at Luke Air Force Base has been arrested in connection to the murder of Sasha Krause, a missing New Mexico woman found dead near Arizona’s Sunset Crater in February.
Detectives from Arizona’s Coconino County Sheriff’s Office accompanied by detectives from San Juan County Sheriff’s Office in New Mexico served search warrants and arrested Airman 1st Class Mark Gooch at the base Tuesday.
Krause, 27, had been reported as a missing person from the Mennonite Community in Farmington, New Mexico, in January 2020.
Video shows Gooch’s vehicle outside the Mennonite community, according to San Juan Sheriff Shane Ferrari.
Officials believe the homicide happened in Arizona, Ferrari said.
Read more: https://bit.ly/2XWdUZv
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
- ADHD awareness month, Part 1: Early signs and diagnosis
- Texas overtakes California with most coronavirus infections
- Forecasters calling for drier warmer winter in Southwest states due to ‘La Niña’