EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — A woman who was seen on video throwing a drink at a smoothie store employee in early January has been arrested.
Pamela Underwood, 45, was arrested on Thursday and charged with assault causing bodily injury, according to the El Paso Police Department.
Police allege that on Jan. 4, Underwood became upset at an employee at Tropical Smoothie, located in the Fountains of Farrah shopping center, when the employee reportedly touched her cellphone while assisting Underwood.
Underwood demanded a refund, using racially charged language, from the employee, who complied. Underwood then threw her smoothie at the employee, striking the employee in the shoulder and chest area.
The incident was caught on video, which then went viral — you can view the incident below. Disclaimer: The video below contains graphic language that may disturb some viewers.
Underwood was booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility, where she is being held on a $3,000 bond.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Texas lawmaker concerned about COVID-19 risk at the border
- TDEM again asks White House for 32 Texas counties to receive individual assistance after storms
- Your credit report may be wrong, but you can do something about it
- Fire at Randall High School causes evacuation
- How an LA musician helped NASA mic up the Mars rover and record our first sounds of the red planet