SPRING LAKE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A drunk driver with six children inside her vehicle crashed into a utility pole in Michigan on Sunday night, authorities say.
The Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were called shortly before 9 p.m. Monday to a single-vehicle crash in Spring Lake Township.
Deputies said the driver lost control of her vehicle at a curve, crashing into a utility pole.
None of the eight people inside the vehicle was hurt, the sheriff’s office said.
The driver, a 29-year-old Kentwood, Michigan, woman, was arrested on charges of operating while intoxicated as well as six counts of child endangerment. Her name was not released pending arraignment.
The road was closed for about one hour while a Consumers Energy crew repaired the utility pole.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- For The People: Beto O’Rourke, crowds to rally at Texas Capitol in support of voting rights
- Politics Today for June 20, 2021
- The heat is on this Father’s Day
- Local non-profit organization works to raise money for autism awareness one clay pigeon at a time
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers push for new infrastructure plan