MADERA, California (KSEE/KGPE) – One man is under arrest after Madera Police say he stole an excavator from a construction job site and attempted to strike officers with the attached bucket.
According to police, 33-year-old Hugo Berrera was driving the excavator westbound on Avenue 14 when officers arrived.
Berrera refused to leave the vehicle and attempted to fend off officers with the excavator bucket.
Officers were eventually able to get the cabin open and Barrera surrounded. He was later booked into Madera County Jail.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Lochte flops: Olympic career likely over after 7th in 200 IM
- Ryan Crouser goes big, breaks 31-year-old shot put record
- It’s hot outside: Here are tips to stay safe when cooling off in the water
- Los Angeles home where Manson followers killed LaBianca couple sells for $1.875 million
- ‘Wouldn’t be here’: Officials honor 7-year-old Chicago boy who called 911 when mom was having seizure