(FOX NEWS) — Walmart is upping its starting hourly rate for new employees.
The retail giant announcing a raise in hourly wages from $11 to $12 for people filling new roles at 500 of its locations.
These workers will have a broader retail skillset after being trained not only on day to day functions but, problem-solving with various inventory issues.
This is the first time in roughly two years Walmart is increasing its starting hourly pay.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Digital Underground leader Shock G, of ‘Humpty Dance’ fame, dead at 57
- ‘Don’t make me hurt you more’: Video shows officer shove, hit teen with autism
- Watch vs warning – know the difference as severe storms develop today
- Sales Tax Holiday for emergency supplies to run this weekend
- VIDEO: Dog requires urgent surgery after grooming appointment