(CNN) — If you are still waiting on your stimulus payment from the government, keep an eye out for a debit card in the mail.
The US Treasury Department announced Monday it’s going to start mailing some stimulus payments on debit cards.
Until now, payments had been either directly deposited in an individual’s bank account or sent as a paper check.
About 4-million payments will be sent on a debit card.
It could mean that those people receive their money faster than if they had to wait for a check.
The visa debit card can be activated immediately.
It can be used to make purchases, get cash at an ATM or to transfer funds into a bank account without being charged a fee.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Weinstein accuser breaks silence to push for consent law as former producer seeks new trial
- ‘Physical inactivity’ associated with higher COVID-19 risks, study says
- CDC advisory committee holds emergency meeting, decides to wait to make J&J vaccine recommendations
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices
- A log cabin in the San Francisco Bay Area for $575K? There’s a catch