(WAVY) A valuable piece of art was almost lost, until someone with a sharp eye found it at a thrift store on North Carolina’s Outer Banks late last year.
Art lover Wendy Hawkins discovered the Salvador Dali original.
“Sometimes when the paintings or pictures are in frames that are broken, and it was kind of dirty, they get passed by,” Hawkins says.
Wendy volunteers twice a week at the Hotline Pink Thrift Shop in Kitty Hawk, which is where she first saw the piece of art.
“One day I saw this, with a bunch of other paintings lined up on the floor, and I said ‘this is old, this is something special,’” she recalls.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2W0GhF5
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- High school football scores and highlights
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- How to get “Custom Made” during COVID? Support Small Business Saturday.