(WPTV/NBC News) A Florida fifth grader says she’s too embarassed to return to school after her teacher questioned her sexuality in front of her entire class.
Jezenia Gambino, the girl’s mother, says she learned it all started from a rumor going around Northport K-8 in Port St. Lucie.
“The rumor was that my daughter and another 5th-grade little girl were dating,” said Gambino.
Last week Gambino says the rumor got to her 5th-grade daughter’s teacher. She says the teacher confronted her daughter about it, but in front of the entire class.
“She asked them if they were together if they were dating as a couple together and she asked them in a way that they felt they were in trouble,” said Gambino.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2OPrj07
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Where are you in the vaccine line? This tool has an estimate
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Xcel Energy grant supports Black Historical Cultural Center
- Two arrested in Amarillo drug bust
- Newsfeed Now: Breaking down the $908 billion COVID-19 relief bill, Hand-“Santa-tizer,” “Grinch-bots,” and more…