(WCNC) A North Carolina mother is raising questions about a homework assignment asking students to compare the value between slaves and white people.
The mother posted a picture of the Kannapolis Middle School assignment to Facebook asking if anyone could explain the purpose of questions such as: “How many slaves would be needed to equal at least four white people?”
According to the mother’s Facebook post, her child was instructed by an unnamed history teacher that “every black person is 3/5 or some percentage of a white person.” Since then, multiple other people have shared photos of the assignment on social media.
Parents say their children came home with the assignment from their history class, allegedly a lesson on the 3/5’s Compromise.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2RS6Fz3
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Ohio police suspend officer caught on video dragging teen
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Breast oncologist breaks down myths, prevention and tell-tale signs
- Shelters prepare for inclement weather
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?