(NBC NEWS) – As the coronavirus continues to surge, school-age children across the nation are missing out on just more than learning.
During a typical summer, parents are worried their children would “summer slide,” a term used to describe the loss of learning throughout summer vacation.
However, with the pandemic closing schools earlier than expected, educators and child development experts believe it is important parents educate their children far beyond present-day activities.
Also, experts say parents should cut themselves some slack when it comes to homeschooling.
SEE MORE: https://nbcnews.to/2ZIA5Sd
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- High school basketball roundup: January 26, 2020
- Postal Service to release new series of ‘Star Wars’-themed stamps
- See the auroras from space in newly released photos
- Chicago man charged after allegedly selling stimulus checks stolen with help of postal worker
- Advocates of undocumented immigrants criticize Texas AG’s lawsuit to halt Biden’s deportation freeze