(CNN) — All you cat-loving single fellas out there we’ve got some catastrophic news.
Turns out, guys who like cats are less likely to get a date.
Now, if you’re thinking, you’ve cat to be kitten me there was actually a study on this.
Scientists at Colorado State University showed more than 700 women photos of two guys.
One by themselves and the second with a cat companion and their luck got noticeably worse when women saw them cuddling a cat.
Now, it’s not a huge drop only about 5 percent.
But why such fuss over felines?
The folks who did the study say it probably has to do with some long-held cultural stereotypes about cat owners versus dog owners with ‘cat men’ described as less masculine, neurotic, agreeable, and less dateable.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history
- Traveling nurse diagnosed with both COVID-19 and cancer while helping with coronavirus efforts
- Children’s Miracle Network begins ‘Christmas is for Miracles’ campaign
- PHOTOS: White House Christmas decorations revealed
- ‘Rallying For Raiden’: Community puts on birthday parade for boy who lost parents to COVID-19