(NBC News) A trillion-dollar coronavirus stimulus bill has stalled in the U.S. Senate.
Democrats argue the bill sends money to corporations without guarantees it will be passed on to workers left without a paycheck during closures.
The debate over the bill comes as Ohio, Louisiana, and Delaware join the growing list of states issuing stay-home orders, closing many businesses in an attempt to slow the spread of the deadly virus.
Five Republican senators won’t be taking part in the vote. Four have placed themselves in self-isolation after close contact with Kentucky’s Senator Rand Paul, who tested positive for the COVID-19 virus over the weekend.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/33E4Nh3
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Bushland Softball Claims District Title
- Amarillo-Panhandle Humane Society transports over 60 rescue animals to neighbor states, adds second van to fleet
- Unknown Comics, local business renowned in the world of comic books opens retail location
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers hosts 14th annual ‘Shred It’ day, aimed at preventing ID theft
- Peloton treadmill could kill small children and pets, consumer agency warns